The Home and Community Health Association (HCHA) comprises three groups of members:
Provider members are organisations, such as incorporated societies, companies, charitable trusts and other entities, which provide home and community health services in New Zealand.
Affiliate Organisations are organizations such as incorporated societies, companies, charitable trusts and other entities, which are not directly involved in the provision of home and community health services but which have an interest in such services.
Affiliate Individuals are interested individuals who are not directly involved in the provision of home and community health services but who have an interest in such services.
Membership fees for provider members are set in bands based on revenue from home and community support services. Fees for affiliate organisations and individuals are based on set fees. For more information about becoming a member of the Association, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the office on 04 472 3196.
The key benefits received from membership are:
- Advocacy on sector wide issues, predominantly services planning, funding and contracting, quality and workforce.
- The opportunity to contribute your opinions and ideas about current and future issues and activities in home support, to contribute to HCHA consultation on and lobbying for government policies.
- The opportunity to be an HCHA representative on working groups such as service reviews and standards and guidelines development.
- The opportunity to contribute your perspective and communicate your concerns and ideas to decision-makers through a common point of contact.
- Regular and timely newsletters and information on any matters that impact upon services and consumers.
- Webinars, forums, branch meetings, the HCHA conference and Zoom meetings/teleconferences free or at member rates.
- Listing in the online membership directory
- Promotion via HCHA connections and publications
Members make a vital contribution to the mana, span and sustainability of the Association. Your work, ideas, experience, connections and staff enhance the value of the services that the Association can provide.